Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Being Professional

Professionalism in the music industry is not only crucial to us as audio professionals; it’s also vital to our success! Being aware that drugs and alcohol has always been very closely associated to the music industry especially with genres such as Hip Hop and Rock we must refrain from allowing these substances to dilute our work ethic and negatively affect our professionalism especially when there is profit and gain at steak. As an audio engineer I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve been offered drugs or alcohol from clients, although they have good intentions I always decline simply because I view myself as a professional and I’m paid because I know what I’m doing, not to party. Don’t get me wrong I’ll be the first to admit that I indulge every here and there with a drink or 2, but once you let factors like drugs and alcohol contribute to the decline of your professionalism and overall credibility that’s when you know you need to tone it down and remember why you became an audio professional in the first place. What do you think???

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said...studio etiquette is underrated these days! Professionalism goes a long way to supporting an audio professional's career long term. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete