Welcome world to The Life an Audio Engineer! In this blog you will get an inside look at the everyday life of an upcoming Audio Engineer. You will witness my struggles, triumphs, and the necessary steps that are required to take me career to the next level!
Thursday, March 5, 2015
The Difference Between Being Rich & Being Famous
What's up guys, for this week I'd thought I would take a break from blogging about ProTools and what not and rather talk about a crucial truth we must all realize if we truly want to impact the music industry. It seems to me that now days people confuse being famous with being rich, I believe this common misconception can be dangerous for an emerging artist! Just because you have achieved some sort of fame does not mean you're rich, in fact there have been many musicians who rose to great fame just to end up with financial debts at the end of the day. For example the cases of Mc Hammer and TLC showed us that know matter how much records you sell having greedy people behind you, mismanaging your finances, and overall being ignorant to the way the business side of the industry operates will all leave you with empty pockets. Furthermore being famous brings it's own problems as well having to constantly deal with paparazzi and always being in the public light must feel very exhausting and make the artist feel as if they no longer have a life of their own to enjoy. Personally I'm a very private person so I definitely would not care for fame and all the extra baggage it brings, but I am trying to make a living in this industry and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle. So it is crucial that you don't mix being famous with being rich!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment