Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Using Social Media

Using social media to benefit you and your artistry is an art within itself. Many of us engage in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram on a daily bases weather it is just for entertainment or to promote your artistry. However a question that commonly comes into play is weather you should keep your personal and artist profiles separate. Many argue that your personal business should remain just that personal, while others argue that letting your personality shine through you artist profiles helps it become uniquely yours. Social media helps you interact with your fans in a much more personal, direct, and intimate way so it is interesting to see what artists choose to post on social media platforms weather it be just for personal enjoyment or to promote certain items. However one thing is undoubtedly for sure, social media is essentially a tool and how artists choose to utilize and implement that tool in their careers is left to their own accord. Personally I consider myself as an artist in every aspect in my life so I Choose to keep my personal and my artist page as one to expand my presence on social media because at the end of the day I promote who I am and what I am is an artist. But what do you think???

2 comments:

  1. I think posting both artist and personal things on social media is okay as long as it's professional and appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well said "I promote who I am and what I am is an artist."

    ReplyDelete